Friday, December 2, 2011

Who would I contact to report that my supervisor used state government computer to steal information?

My supervisor accessed and stole confidential information on clients and coworkers. I told HR and I think he was fired, but they swept it under the carpet. He stole SSN and did background checks on people %26amp; stole information about sexual offenders %26amp; juvenile offenders. It's a violation of the privacy act, a federal crime. Who would I contact to report it and that HR failed to report it to the authorities?|||You had better make absolutely certain that they really did sweep it "under the carpet" before you accuse them of that. HR does not always make public all of the information about the discipline of a (current or former) employee, for very specific legal reasons.





If you are certain (and you'd really, really better be sure), you could let the FBI know.|||By clients and coworkers, I am assuming it's not a law enforcement agency. Depending on the type of background checks, it could be a federal crime, in which case the FBI needs to be contacted.


As for the HR failure, depends who in HR did not do enough. Supervisor of HR should be contacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment