Friday, December 2, 2011

Who should I contact when I need financial assistance for low income?

Struggling to pay any and all of my bills. Need assistance in both insurance, as well as advice on how to get back up on my feet again.





Who should I contact for general advice on this?|||DSHS (Department of Health and Human Services). You MIGHT be eligible for welfare cash assistance, but don't expect a fortune - that only pays like $339 per month. You probably would qualify for the same agency's food stamp program, so that would save you some cash out of your pocket which you then could use to pay bills instead of spending it on food.





Insurance is expensive, and I know of no agency that will pay that bill for you. Are you talking about car insurance? Well, if so, you need to think about how expensive owning a car is. Gas, maintenance, insurance, etc.





Basically, you need to cut out most (if not all) of your luxuries. If you have cable TV, disconnect it - that's not a necessity. Neither is having a car if you live in a place where you can ride the bus. Buy things like food items when they go on sale and stock up on those items. Eating out or going to bars will tear through what little money you have really fast.


---------------


I personally became physically disabled ten years ago due to a rare meidcal condition. I used to work full-time jobs, so I was eligible to receive SSDI (Social Security Disablity Insurance). I get a decent monthly amount - but it's still basically poverty level. I've learned how to stretch my money and I survive just fine and have a great apartment.


----------------


There is also another division of DSHS called DVR (Department of Vocational Rehabilitation). They won't give you any cash assistance, but they WILL help you find a job if you take the time to avail of their services.|||You would contact the welfare office in your county to see if you qualify for any sort of benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment