Friday, December 2, 2011

How can I contact blind members of my community?

I am doing a multicultural project for my high school junior english class. I am doing the project on blind people, and we have to set up interviews with a few people. I am not sure, though, how to contact anyone to interview. Any ideas?|||Each state has a Commission for the Blind, many states have schools for the Blind, see if there is a local Leader Dogs for the Blind or Lion's Club that might connect you to someone - that's where I would start.|||You probably have a social services organization in your community for the blind. If not, you could contact someone at your church, synagogue or mosque to find out who to contact at one of these organizations.|||another option...see if there are any groups on





www.meetup.com|||I think Voc Rehab could help you fin someone. Or you can just call people in your neighborhood.|||Contact a local ophthalmologist and ask if they know of any groups for blind citizens.





Also contact your local American Diabetes Association and ask them. http://www.diabetes.org/





Here is a link to the National Federation of the Blind.


http://www.nfb.org/ They have groups all over.|||Wave at them.


If that doesnt work, tickle them.|||Anything other than sign language, mime or charades should be effective.|||put up a sign|||Come on guys, stop with the stupid blind jokes. You don't want to offend anyone here who can see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment