Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Who do I contact to sell a house in pieces?

I own a residential lot with a house on it that is in serious disrepair. The property is next door to my home and I bought it to eventually tear it down and enlarge our yard. Before we tear it down though I would like to find someone who will sell the old furniture, fixtures, even the old furnance in the house. I'll sell everything down to the windows, doors, wood, faucets anything.


Are there any businesses that do this? What are they called and how do I contact them?|||Try to find a auctioneer to sell the items|||Better yet - why not donate all of these items to Habitat for Humanity? You get a receipt to use as a tax write-off (charitable donation) and you help those who are less fortunate.|||Wreckers may take these items but they'll probably want to be paid to take them away.





The Muse|||There are people who buy salvageable older fixtures and a preminum,just do some research and you will be ok,also keep in mind that if you demo the house,depending on the age you may have lead paint and asbestos issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment