Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What are the disadvantages of wearing contact lenses?

People keep telling me it's going to be hard handling contacts because according to them; taking care of them would easily piss me off. What do you think about it; do you think that there's any disadvantage to wearing contact lenses?|||i'm just doing a one week of wearing contacts myself... see if you can get this, you'll go to the opticians, they explain it and check your eyes are okay, you'll get a free weeks worth, and then you go back at the end to see whether you've got on with them etc. You might as well try it!





I've been wearing them 3 days now... taking them out by now is pretty easy.... hard to explain exactly what to do though. still finding putting them in hard but its only been three days!





I've got daily disposable ones (which i think they might give you for a trial anyway??? which allays some of the hygeine fears, and means you don't have to wash them, but they are expensive: about 拢20 a month.





You can also get monthly ones that are cheaper but you have to clean them in solution and stuff. The risk otherwise is getting bacteria or irritant on the lense and then sticking it on your eye. Despite obviously the fear of damaging vision looking into it i've found in the vast majority the people with serious problems have been pretty stupid... leaving them in for months, or being really hygeinic.





and remember to take them out when sleeping! I was told that with the ones i've got they can stick to the eye because you don't blink when you sleep. Also if you leave them in too long the eye doesn't get enough oxygen and so blood vessels start to grow into your vision.





apparently there are also continuous wear ones which let oxygen in... don't know much about these though|||Ive worn contacts for 5 years now, and I love them.


Um, the only disadvantages i can think of wearing them are that they can become uncomfortable if you wear them for too long, or if you rub your eye they can break.





Other than that, I havent found any fault in them. I personally do not like glasses (though i do have a pair too). They are easy to put in, and take out. I think its worth it. But if you have questions i would talk to your eye doctor.





I would only not recomend contacts if you have a fear of touching your eyes, as you need to do this to put them in. :]]





good luck!|||I love my contacts because I can wear sunglasses with them! Which I can't do with my glasses lol





I hate them on the other hand because if I'm in bed and snoozing, I have to get up and take them off.





Plus you have to clean them and store them over night.





I am going back to the longwear kind. You can keep those in for 30 days at a time without ever removing them.





They can get costly, that can be a disadvantage also|||well, im totally fine with the cleaning part..


it's just that you cant wear them when your eye is irritated


and your eye is more prone to getting infected (pink eye, etc)


BUT if you take good care of them and clean them well, and dont rub your fingers to your eyes


it'll all be good|||Yes I have been wearing contacts for 3 years and the biggest disadvantage is that towards the end of the day your eyes get really dry and it becomes difficult to see.|||not really any disadvantages.. but mine burn like hellz D: Most peoples dont though. Its just the brand or something.. and remebering to take them out before you go to sleep or normally when you swim.. or putting them on in a hurry... it kinda sucks d:|||they're not really hard to take care of.


just have to rinse them and take them out so they can soak for up to six hours.


sometimes they can be hard to get in but, after a few weeks it gets easy.|||for an active sports person they are annoying due to dirt and sweat. at night removal and seeing in the dark without them. tried them and did not like them. if you lead a quite, sedate life O K.|||It's hard to get started putting contacts in but after awhile it gets easy! Disadvantages are if your tired they get try and hurt!|||advantage: you can see better without glasses.





they arent that hard to take care of.|||the awful eye infection that makes a one eyed woman cry.|||remembering 2 take them off is the hardest thing 4 me.|||THEY CAN BE IRRITATING AND THEY COST LIKE 30 DOLLARS A MONTH|||THEY COST TOO MUCH





FOR ME ITS $42 a BOX!|||i have daily disposables, and for me there are none (:

No comments:

Post a Comment