Friday, December 2, 2011

Who should I contact about featuring my product in a magazine?

I'd like to get my products featured in a particular magazine's editorial section (the section that shows a celebrity wearing one of my products). Who or what department in the magazine would I contact? What can I do to start off?|||If it's not news, then it better be a good story. Magazines - all news media - tell stories. Give them one to tell.





Have a professional photo taken of this celeb wearing your product. Compose a very well-written (no spelling or grammatical errors) news release with the best headline you can think of, then send the photo, news release and a sample of your product to every magazine that will be read by potential customers, i.e. target your distribution.





Follow up with calls to the editorial section of the magazines you've targetted. Larger magazines have section editors. Figure out where your story would best play in the magazine, and call that section editor 4-7 days after sending your material.|||there should be an editor of that each section mentioned in the masthead. if not, call them and ask who is in charge of that section.





make sure there is a story beyond "paris hilton wore one of my hats". did you sew the hats with your feet? is the fabric made from some new environmentally awesome bamboo? are you a sixth generation hat maker?

No comments:

Post a Comment