Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How should I contact someone for letters of recommendation?

I want to contact someone for a letter of recommendation. I don't see her anymore, I haven't seen her since august, but she said if I ever needed a letter, to ask her. Should I call her or email her? And when I do, how should I phrase? I want to be as nice as possible about this, because I may need to get two from for these two places I want to go to and are asking for these letters.|||Either calling or emailing would be acceptable. Assuming the person you want to ask is someone you have a strictly professional relationship with, if you email, you could say something like this:








Dear Whatever Her Name Is,





I'm going to be applying for graduate school (or whatever you need the letter for) soon and was wondering if you would still be able to write a letter of recommendation for me. I would so appreciate it if you could and it would mean a lot to me.





If you're able to write a letter, please send it to _______________________





Thank you so much for your help.





Sincerely,


Your Name.











If you and the person have a more friendly relationship, you can add in some "Hey, how ya been" stuff, but I'm assuming this person is a professor or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment