Friday, December 2, 2011

How do you get back into contact with your former supervisor?

6 years ago,I quit a part-time job that I held for 2 years. I met really nice people and one supervisor in particular was wonderful. I unfortunately was unable to stay in contact with her (or anyone who worked there) mainly because of my busy lifestyle, but I know that is no excuse! Anyway, I'm applying for some new jobs and would like to use that supervisor as a reference. What is the best way to get back into contact with her? I haven't seen or spoke to her in 6 years! I have her phone number but I don't know what I should say! What do you all think?|||Just call her and keep it real. Say how have you been? its's been awhile blah blah blah. Tell her you are trying to get a new job and you would like her to be a good reference for you. If you had a good relationship with her the last time you saw her I dont see why she would not do it.|||Rather than call her, drop her a quick letter reminding her that you worked for her 6 years ago and you would like to use her as a reference in your job search. Suggest that you two could get together to catch up over lunch or coffee and that you are excited about seeing her again. Address the letter to her place of employment and call to verify w/the receptionist that she is still employed there and her current job title--who knows, she may own the company now!

No comments:

Post a Comment