Friday, December 2, 2011

Who can I contact in England to learn more about the Sorbian people?

I am talking about the Sorbs, not the Serbs. Just to clarify. I am planning to write a book about different language minorities in various parts of Europe and would like to contact a Sorbian Institution of some kind here in England, if any exists.


The Sorbs are also knows as the Wends and the Lusatians. The language they speak is Sorbian (also called Wendish).


Can anyone help me? Thanks.|||You probably won't find any outside of Germany because their numbers are so limited that any immigrants would probably not be in a large enough group to set of a society or community.|||I've never heard of the Sorbs, sorry. I doubt their is a Sorbian institute anywhere in the UK, because I googled it and it said they were in Germany|||Send an email to the "Haus der Sorben" in Bautzen, Germany : domowina-bautzen@sorben.com|||As an English person, I have never heard of these "Sorbs". I doubt then that it is someone in England you need to speak to.|||Sorbs are living in Germany ( Brandenburg and Saxony), and in Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment