Friday, December 2, 2011

Who do I contact to do volunteer work with my dog?

I want to do some volunteer work with my dog and I don't know who to contact. Any advice would be appreciated.|||I volunteer with both of my dogs. They are animal assisted activity dogs. We visit children in our local children's hospital. (Our hospital also has AAT dogs which is animal assisted therapy.) Both of my dogs are registered with the Delta Society. Their website is www.deltasociety.org You can check there for fellow Delta dogs in your area to see where they are volunteering. Many nursing homes and hospitals have visiting dogs now.


Good luck! It is so rewarding and a lot of fun!|||I would call the local k-9 division that is with your local Police department and ask them if they could recommend any one.


Or I know like the local senior Citizen group usually has where you and your dog can be a visitor with some aging people. Just check around like the animal shelter etc...|||What kind of work do you want to do? Does your dog have any training, or even a Canine Good Citizen diploma? Senior Citizen's homes often allow pets in to cheer up the residents and there are a lot of charities that use dogs to serve as reading buddies for kids with learning disabilities. Maybe you should google service animals and your town and see what comes up?

No comments:

Post a Comment