Friday, December 2, 2011

What is the best brand for contact lenses?

The above qustion is for all the brands out there.





One more question. Out of the following brands, which is better:





1. Bausch and Lomb PureVision Contact Lenses


2. Acuvue Brand Contact Lenses





They are both offering free trials for their lenses and I'm wondering which brand is the better brand.|||HA the last time I got a free trial from Bausch and Lomb....two weeks later they were recalling that particular brand and people were going blind! I myself got a terrible eye infection and currently am involved in a class action lawsuit againt them!


So, with that said.....


I'd reccomend Acuvue!!|||I have been using Acuvue lenses for the last 17yrs and I love them. Currently, I use Acuvue 2 lenses. To be perfectly honest, I am not really good at keeping track of how long I've kept my lenses in and sometimes have left them in for over 2 weeks at a time. I don't recommend doing that but I'm guilty of it myself so...


I have never had an infection in my eyes and my eyesight has not changed since 1996. Right now though, I'm getting older and have had to resort to wearing the cheap reading glasses that you buy at the drug store. My eye doc told me that I have monovision and it's not bad enough yet to change my prescription so just wear the cheap reading glasses for when I'm on the computer or reading. Acuvue also makes bifocal lenses which I've heard are awesome.|||I use acuvue, and I love them. I don't even feel like I am wearing them.|||Very good question, in short the best one is the one that works best on your eyes..ok now the long.





It depends on which Acuvue you go with, example the acv 2 has no where near the same amount of o2 transfer as teh oaysis does...same with the Acv Adv. Also are you inrested in colors at all? Purevision does not offer colored lenses where as acuvue does. In order to get the free trails btw you will need to have a perscription as contacts are a controled substance. Generally i see most Purevision users in the toric lenses....but the out side the PV the Softlens 38 seems to be a popular B%26amp;L lens. If you do need a toric id stay away from the Acuv. adv. for astig. because of the price, tend to be a little bit more then say a Soflens 66 toric. Anywho hope this helped, in the end its somthing you need to discus with your eye docter.





Tom|||I have used both bausch and lomb and acuvae..Intially i was using bausch and lomb and later i switched to acuvae and i felt acuvae to be more comfortable.|||ive been wearing contacts for about 3 months now..


i wear Acuvue Advance fortnightlys..


havnt had any problems with them.


dont know abt pros and cons i havnt actualy used any other brands

No comments:

Post a Comment