Thursday, November 24, 2011

Who do I contact if I accidentally gave the wrong insurance information and address to the officer?

Who do I contact if I accidentally gave the wrong insurance information to the officer? I was driving my mother鈥檚 car and gave the officer the only insurance paper I could find, come to find out we are now with another insurance company. Also, I didn鈥檛 realize it at the time, but the address on my license is not my current address. Who do I contact so that I can give them the right information?|||I would call your police department.|||You didnt say WHY you had to do it.





For an accident, then contact your insurance company and they will handle it.





For a ticket or citation, don't worry about it. If you were going to get called on the insurance it would have happened then. By now they have matched your mom's insurance up with the right carrier (all this is now on line for the PD) and if you have changed your address with your states DMV, they can contact you that way.





Sit tight.. if they need to talk to you .. believe me.. they can find you.|||forget about it. not a big deal. but make sure you change your address for your license and have the right papers next time.





honest mistake|||Contact the officer who took the report. He normally would give you a copy of his business card.





If you didn't get one, or didn't keep it, contact the department that he works for. Give them the date, time, and place of the accident, and they can figure out who filed the report and pass along your information.|||All you should have to do is go up to the records department of that particular police agency and let them know what happened with your case number and they should be able to get the proper information to the officer so that he can pass that on to the other party, all the officer is concerned with on the call is that the vehicle was insured and you were covered under that insurance the rest would be to the benefit of the other involved party for that person's insurance etc, etc.|||You should contact the officer that gave you the ticket or the court that you are suppose to appear at. I would bring proof of the new insurance and proof of your current address. Like a utility bill, lease agreement, pay stub, etc. I would also bring proof of continuous insurance coverage on your Mother's vehicle. This will help to assure that you do not receive another citation and clear up the misinformation you created.|||don't worry the police department will contact you with a warrant


usually at 3-4.am in the morning -just be ready|||You contact the police to have the police report corrected. Your driver license address can be updated at the DMV, either by phone or in person. Most states have laws in place that if you move, you must keep your current address on record, and on your driver license.|||CONTACT THE INSURANCE COMPANY AND LET THEM HANDLE IT FOR YOU, LESS HASSLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment