Thursday, November 24, 2011

What is the highest contact prescription they make?

I was wondering if anyone knows how high they make contact presciptions. (By high, I mean more severe). I have seen online that certain brands go up to -12 (Acuvue) while others go up to -15. If for some reason, my eyes were to go beyond that presciption, would be able to have contacts? I wonder if you could special order them in that case (perhaps the online stores don't carry them because they are not common enough)





Thanks for the help in advance!|||The highest I've made (ordered, not actually crafted!) was -24.50, but that's not likely to be the absolute limit.


But there, these will be special order lenses and not on a monthly replacement basis.





Similarly I've fitted five dioptres of astigmatism, which is well off the standard ranges.





Optometrist, retired.|||I do believe that if your eye goes any higher you will not be able to wear contacts. Because you will be classified as partially or fully blind. But please don't qoute me on this. Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment