Saturday, November 19, 2011

Do contact lenses work differently if flipped the other way?

I have soft contact lenses (and basically 99.9% of people who have contact lenses have soft contact lenses, hopefully). Since contact lenses can be flipped inside out if you know what I mean... My question is... Do contact lenses work differently if I flip them the other way and then put them on, or should the contact lens affect my eye the same no matter which side is in contact with my eye?|||I have soft contact lenses too! They definitely work differently flipped the other way. I accidentally put my lenses in the wrong way last night and when I blinked, they moved, it felt like they were trying to come out. It felt super weird and I just had to take them out. It was uncomfortable for me :3 they definitely work better the right way hahah





Hope I helped! X|||Team


www.ilovecontactlenses.com





Buy Lenses online,


Save Money and Time!





(Softens) Bausch %26amp; Lomb, (Accuvue) Johnson %26amp; Johnson, Freshlook, Ciba Vision

Report Abuse


|||You notice that when you have them the right way up on your finger, it's in a sort of of bowl shape, right? Well, that's the way your eye is shaped. When you flip it inside-out, it has a sort of misshaped rectangular-circle type shape, and it collapses on the inside. You could get it in, I suppose, with a lot of trying, but your vision would be blurry, your eye would get irritated, and the contact would be very prone to falling out, since it wouldn't contour to the shape of your eye.|||the radius of the Lens is the curve of your eyeball so if you flip them inside out the radius will not be the same and they wont fit right on the curve of your eye and they wont work the same because there will be a pocket in the Lens not touching your eye. it will also irritate the eye because it is not snug against it and it will also dry out faster. you can try it if you want but you will see what i mean in a short time|||They work the same way optically, but the edge of the lens is beveled to match the curvature of your eye and fit comfortably one way. If you turn it inside out, the bevel will not match the curvature of your eye - instead it will snag on your eyelid every time you blink, and irritate it both your eye and your eyelid.|||yes, the way contact lenses are shaped is to fit your eye a certain way, if you put it in reversely it won't suck to your eye as well and will be painful for a few minutes. the contact will try to stick to your eye lid as opposed to your eyeball and may pop out of your eye all together|||They probably work the same either way but when they're facing the wrong way it really irritates your eyes. If I accidentally put mine in backwards it only takes me a minute before I have to take it out. Sometimes it is so irritating that it causes my eyes to tear up making it difficult to get out.|||They won't work differently.. they won't work at all. They won't stick properly to your eye and it could be painful. They will not correct vision that is for sure. When I wore contacts I put one in 'flipped' and it was pretty uncomfortable.|||Yeah there is only one way to put a contact lens in. If you put it on inside out, you will definately notice the difference, and it will drive you crazy.|||if its flipped over and you put it on our finger you see the sides are kind of crooked or hanging over.


when you put them in you see normally except your eye gets irritated|||yea it works but its pretty irritating. for me when i blink the contact starts to slide down, but lately its been working nicely when i flip the contacts|||You don't really see any differently but if they are put in with the wrong side turned out, they will not feel quite right.|||If you put contacts in the wrong way, they don't stick to your eye and they move every time you blink!!|||Generally, if they are flipped they will sort of irritate your eye. At least that's been my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment