Thursday, November 24, 2011

If I were to contact my state government about an issue in the community, where would I start?

I needed to contact the state government with a proposal about gun laws. In general, though, where does the process start? How does a citizen contact the correct department or person?|||go to www.firstgov.com|||Go to your state website and find out who represents your district, following this send a couple emails and maybe a letter to each of your representatives good luck man|||If it has to do with your city or county, that is where it starts. The city court house or county court house. Talk to somebody there.|||Start with your state legislature. There is usually a place where you can enter a zip code and find out who your State Senators and Representatives are.





Once you've figured out who it is, call that office and speak with their assistant. Usually they can point you to not only what your representative's stance is on the topic, they can also direct you to parties involved in current legislation on the matter.





You can also do a search for gun lobbyists in your state, city or county. Amazingly, there are lots of lobbyists trying to pass laws from different angles on a community level too, not just a national level. Then you can see if your idea is possibly already in play.|||Find out what district u belong to.


Contact your congressmen/women


This is the first step


U could prob. find info on there website and contact them by snail mail, email, or call.|||Write a letter regarding your concerns and mail it to your state representative.|||With your local government representative, keeping in my mind that anything that is in writing has to be acted upon, such as passing on your concerns to the state government. Good luck|||First check to see which reps in your state favor your idea. It's better to know who is going to help you out or ignore your thoughts. If you can, prove your point to anyone that passed a bill opposite of what you think is right. I questioned bills passed for business laws to reps in my state and wouldn't you know it! After proving my point with pictures and proof that their idea failed, because it was only taking money from contractors who abide by the law and no one was policing the business on crooks going around town trying to be a contractor without insurance or being licensed. Good luck.|||I am a 71 year old woman who has been writing letters to Federal, State, County, and City leaders since I was in my 20's. The most success I ever had was also including the media with copies of my letters. I might add that I signed the letters annonamously.

No comments:

Post a Comment